Try the political quiz

2.7k Replies

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...10yrs

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...11yrs

@ISIDEWITHDiscuss this answer...11yrs

Yes, but only after performing 4 years of military service or graduating college

@4PQN7G4from New York  answered…2yrs

No! They are citizens of their parents homelands. The 14th amendment was expressly for the children of slaves. Unless the parents were legally in the US and in process of achieving permanent or citizenship status then the kids should NOT get citizenship.

@4RS8N5Yfrom Florida  answered…2yrs

Once an illegal has committed a crime and gets deported for it he/she should be tattooed so that when he/she simply re-crosses the border anyone can see they are illegal and report them. We have had enough instances of repeat crimes from illegal aliens.

@4X8J2BHfrom Illinois  answered…2yrs

I do not believe in the moral legitimacy of the concept of "Citizenship," which basically states that people are the "Property" of "their" government --- which is another word for SLAVE of "their" government.

@4Q4HBM9from California  answered…2yrs

@4RKK4PFfrom Oklahoma  answered…2yrs

No, If an illegal immigrant gives birth in an American hospital and it is discovered that they are here illegally, the hospital should be required to report the family to the authorities. At this point, run a background check and if they have no criminal record here or in their home country, they can go through the appropriate channels to gain citizenship or be deported.

@4R2CGJKfrom Wisconsin  answered…2yrs

I agree with the 14th amendment: All persons born or naturalized* in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

*Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act

@4Y3WDS2from Ohio  answered…2yrs

Maybe we should ALL formally apply at a certain age??? Is it a birthright?

@58F3P54from New York  answered…2yrs

@4RKFM2Ffrom Maryland  answered…2yrs

Oh just make all Western Hemisphere nations new States of the United States of America and be done with Manifest Destiny. (Except Brazil until they adopt a coherent electric grid.)

@4RLPZW8from Virginia  answered…2yrs

Not sure. Really complicated. Children born here who are forced to live with parents in a ghetto where they are not educated or taught english are doomed. They should be given access to learning english, healthcare and become citizens if they desire at a certain age.

@4QQM9S9from Hawaii  answered…2yrs

The 14th amendment was written in different times. They could not foresee the future ramifications.

@4YS8D6Zfrom Oregon  answered…2yrs

Children of illegal immigrants should be deported with their parents. Children of illegals who are born here should be immediately placed into foster care and the parents deported.

@4PW3ZPQfrom New York  answered…2yrs

Yes if they were born here, or should be required to to complete military or social volunteer service , have and have no criminal record

@4QZX9BGfrom Maine  answered…2yrs

@4PKGY7Nfrom California  answered…2yrs

If the parents were in the US during conception yes, but not if they came here just to have the baby, or were just here temporarily for work, then no.

@4RYHLZQfrom Washington  answered…2yrs

yes and we should at that moment of birth have a process in place to make the parents legal at the very least work here, unless they are engaged in criminal activities. Only then should the family be split up for the safety of the child.

@4Q4W9FRfrom Pennsylvania  answered…2yrs

@4JHCCKKfrom Idaho  answered…2yrs

Do we REALLY want to go fight World War One again? Are people really so stupid as to not remember that widespread failure to grant citizenship rights ethnic minorities was why Ferdinand was shot and ignited a world war? Yeah, unfortunately, we probably are that stupid.

@4QXCHZBfrom Michigan  answered…2yrs

There are many exceptions to be considered. Children who were dumped here by parents who are not worthy of U.S. immigration have it rough. Many who were left here as kids are now adults with no other home but here in the U.S. They should have a path to immigration and citizenship. How else can they become legal? (Kids conceived of TEMPORARY workers should NOT be citizens until their PARENTS become citizens.)

@4Q2YKW2from Pennsylvania  answered…2yrs

@4PZNVP3from California  answered…2yrs

Only the ones born to parents who had lived here for 5 years and t heir parents have no criminal records in their country and here.

@4WF9DBNfrom North Carolina  answered…2yrs

@4Q9K62Pfrom North Carolina  answered…2yrs

Yes, but it should not grant their parents citizenship and only after 4 years of the child serving in the military.

@4PQZTCQfrom Maine  answered…2yrs

Yes, if they were born here. Changing this would require a constitutional amendment.

@4RTM3CJfrom Northern Mariana Islands  answered…2yrs

@964B9XC from North Carolina answered…9hrs

Yes, if at least one biological parent is a natural born citizen.

@96494S4 from Florida answered…13hrs

@9646NYPLibertarian from California answered…17hrs

@9645CM8 from Maryland answered…18hrs

Yes give both the parents and the children citizenship on top of that make it easier to get citizenship

@963NRXT from Colorado answered…2 days

yes, but this cannot be done quickly. As an Asian American with family who are immigrants, I believe that it is important to patrol these kinds of things but bot using violence.

@963L3BR from California answered…2 days

@962LG5D from South Carolina answered…3 days

I feel like they should be granted legal citizens if they had at least graduated from high school in the US and have been living at least 10 years in the US.

@962BXNN from Colorado answered…3 days

@962BC84 from Ohio answered…3 days

@96228B9 from Arizona answered…3 days

Yes, but only if the illegal parents pay taxes and have been living in the US more than 5 years and have not been receiving government assistance

@95ZDD4J from Colorado answered…4 days

@95YWVTB from Texas answered…4 days

If they came here legally, they can be granted citizenship, if they came here illegally they should not be granted citizenship

@95YKKBX from Missouri answered…5 days

I think that immigrants should be allowed to become legal citizens of the united states but they have to do it the proper way,

@95WSQZX from California answered…6 days

Yes, but if parent's rely on child's citizenship they should all be deported.

@95WF5BF from New Jersey answered…7 days

If they are born here and then the parents should be move up into the waiting list for work visa and potentially citizenship


The historical activity of users engaging with this question.

Loading data...

Loading chart... 


Loading the political themes of users that engaged with this discussion

Loading data...